Saturday, February 27, 2010

Life Lesson

Andrew taught me a life lesson today at the park. I was watching Andrew walk along some concrete curbing that was about 6 inches wide and 3 inches off the ground. He was walking on it like you would a balance beam. He would take five or six steps and then have a miss step and slip off. Sometimes he would keep his balance and keep going and other times he would fall, but he always picked himself up and kept going. He did this for 30 minutes straight. Sometimes he would get distracted by another kid in the playground, but always went back to walking along that curb. Unlike his sister, Andrew has an amazing ability to focus.

As I was watching him play I was thinking about the paths we take. I know there will be trials and missed steps along the way, but our path is clearly outlined. I hope that we have enough focus to stay on the right path that leads us back to our goal of being an eternal family.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Thanks for sharing that. I need to keep that in mind more often.