Saturday, May 10, 2008

I'm Here!



We waited and waited for Andrew to make his appearance. Grandma and Grandpa Johnson spent a week before his birth with us in anticipation of his arrival. Andrew finally decided Saturday, May 10 was his day. Around 4:30 pm on the 9th I started having contractions which continued throughout the night but were not real consistent. Grandma Johnson and I took a walk around our loop (a mile round trip) Saturday May 10 after breakfast. At 9:30 I started having contractions again about 5 minutes apart. At 11 we decided it was time to go to the hospital. After dealing with construction on the freeway and hitting every possible red light, we made it to the hospital at 12:30 and I was admitted. At 1 my water broke and they quickly sent me to labor and delivery. Around 2:30 they gave me an epidural, but it didn't do much to help the intense contractions. I could feel Andrew moving down. Around 4 pm I really felt the urge to push, but there wasn't a doctor available for the delivery. Dr. Eddy, who is my regular doctor agreed to come in and deliver Andrew. After 25 minutes of pushing, Andrew Jeremy was born at 4:44 pm weighing 8 lbs 15 oz. and was 20 inches long. Immediately after he was born, they put him on my chest and we quickly fell in love with our little guy. He is so special with the sweetest disposition. He was the perfect Mother's Day gift!

No comments: